Saturday, April 25, 2009

What's for Dinner Tonight

Well I have recently decided to try to make a menu up in advance, and stick to it for the week. I have been told that this will save money and time. Well with 4 kids to feed, I will try it!! I haven't planned out the rest of the week yet, but we'll start with what's for dinner tonight!! Now originally I was going to make a meatloaf recipie that I got from my friend Monica, but since I browned the meat before checking the directions, we went with spagehti instead.

Saturday- Spaghetti (I swear I will never spell this word right)

1 lb hamburger
1/2 onion chopped
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can chopped mushrooms
1 jar sauce (I think I used Ragu tonight)
Seaonings to taste
Garlic Salt while the meat was cooking
Ketchup after the meat was drained

Directions:
brown hamburger meat, add chopped onions and garlic salt (I like it for taste)
drain the meat. Put it back on the stove and add the rest of the ingrediants and let them simmer! I tend to sweeten it with Ketcup, and I can still remeber my dad saying that my mom in the kitchen with ketchup was like a kid playing with mud pies... I don't know if that makes much sense to anyone, but I think Ketchup goes with just about everything, if you don't believe me, you should ask my hubby!! HAHAHA
I forgot to mention that you should also have water boiling, so that you can cook your noodles, but I guess if your someone that cooks, you already knew that!! I will add the pictures later and let you know the reviews from the 3 oldest kids and my hubby!!



I think Drake was the happiest to get Spagehtti, he literally was licking his bowl clean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment