Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tuesday Aril 28th Chicken and Rice

I really wanted to use the crockpot, so I went with my own version of the recipie that I had planned on using. I liked it, but it wasn't exactly what I had been expecting.

4-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 smal can of chopped mushrooms
about a can or two of chicken broth
1/2 to a cup of rice, I started with half a cup but added more

put it all in the crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours. My crockpot seems to cook hotter then most, so I could have probably just done it on keep warm all day and it would have been fine.

I think this made the rice a little too mooshy for my taste, but boy did the kids eat it up. I was really surprised, and they kept asking for more, even little Drake ate more than he normally eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment